Hiring a EU domestic worker: how it works in Italy and the main tasks of the employer and the worker
The employer and his tasks
The standard procedure for hiring EU domestic staff is the same as that in place for the hiring of Italian citizens, with the following steps:
1. When the parties agree upon the terms of the employment relationship, the employer must firstly ask the worker to provide the following legal documents:
2. This is followed by signature of the written employment contract by the parties.
3. Communicating the engagement to Inps: the employer is required to send the engagement communication to INPS by the day prior to the first day of the employment relationship.
The worker and his tasks
The worker must provide the employer with the required documentation:
- passport or identity card valid for expatriation issued by the member State
- tax code or health insurance card issued free of charge by the Local Healthcare Authority